Saturday, March 19, 2011

Guest Post: Lauren's Sand Pail Tea Lights

These darling candles were extremely easy to make!


From Michael's, I purchased:
  • Small, clear paint tins
  • Decorative Sand (note: childrens craft sand was less expensive than the equivalent in the home decorating area of the store, and has a slight sparkle, which I thought brings out the iridesence of the shells)
  • Tiny sea shells
  • Tea lights
I filled the tin just under a third full of sand, place the candle in the tin, and surrounded it with tiny shells.  Very simple, affordable, and adorable!  The only difficulty I have found is that the shells and candles tend to move if you handle them at all.  They must be stored upright, somewhere that they won't be disturbed.  Otherwise, you'll find a sandy mess!

Have fun!! 

Lauren

 "Of Creativity and Art"
http://ofcreativityandart.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Thanks for sharing my post on your wall! I need to update my blog, and this has been good motivation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...